As a small charity any fundraising carried out on our behalf makes a huge difference. Raising money for MOVE in your community is a great way to bring people together while having lots of fun. There are many ways to get involved and support MOVE whilst making the most of your talents or hobbies. Below are just a few ideas:
- Set up a community group and fundraise for MOVE for a year or more – you will receive specific feedback on how your support has been used and the impact that this has made.
- Manage a MOVE Collection Box – place a collection box in a local business, and all you need to do is empty it every 6-12 months and send the proceeds back to MOVE. Every penny helps and will go towards the development of the MOVE Programme.
- Pub Quiz – Organise a quiz for your friends, neighbours and locals – the more the merrier in your local pub. You can charge all to take part substituting the cash prize for a wooden spoon or other token ‘prize’ so that all proceeds go to MOVE.
- Coffee Morning – Whether in your home or a local venue, invite everyone you know, and those you don’t, to take part with a donation paid for entry. Why not ask everyone to contribute some goodies to the event to give a wider selection of tea and cakes.
- Cheese and wine evening – Host an evening asking all to bring along their favourite cheese or wine to share and charge for entry to the event. You could also hold raffles during the night to help raise extra funds for MOVE.
- Garden Party – Show off your green fingers by opening your garden up for the day charging an entry fee. You could combine this with a coffee morning, a bbq, a fete or entertainment to help your party go off with a bang!
- Concerts – If you have the voice of an angel this could be used to MOVE’s advantage! Put your talents to the test and hold a charity concert for friends, family and everyone else, charging an entry fee for people to see you shine. Or if you’re a budding actor, why not put on a play on behalf of MOVE?
- Auction – You can ask your friends and family and local businesses to donate prizes, the bigger or more unusual the better, to be auctioned off on behalf of MOVE. It doesn’t just have to be physical goods, services are great prizes too e.g. someone to clean your house for the day or a chef’s services for a dinner party.
- Fete – Whether in your garden or a community centre, a number of stalls can be set up to raise maximum funds for MOVE with a charge to enter the event and a percentage (or all!) of profits being donated to MOVE. The list of stall ideas is endless ranging from cake and tea stalls to tombola’s or a coconut shy!
- Events – You can also get involved as an individual or as part of a group in a sponsored event of your choosing.
As a small charity every penny raised makes a huge difference; by choosing to support MOVE you can make a real impact. Please see our case studies for further details on how your support can help disabled children to lead healthier and happier lives.
However you choose to fundraise for MOVE, support and advice will be given to help you hold a successful event. Plus, we will advertise your events/activities on MOVE’s Facebook page.
Whether using one of the ideas set out above or an original idea to fundraise for MOVE get in contact today by calling 020 7403 6382 or email us to receive your fundraising pack full of advice of the practicalities and legalities you will need to know about when running community fundraising events.
Click to go back to support us