Schools & University Fundraising
Whether you’re a primary or secondary school that uses the MOVE Programme or an unrelated school that would simply like to support our work, there are numerous ways you can get involved and have fun whilst helping to raise funds for our small charity.
MOVE Day is a national celebration of all that has been achieved by those children and staff using the MOVE Programme and includes a themed event. Activities include fundraising events such as pay to play or dress up down days, cake sales and sponsored activities.
You don’t have to wait for MOVE Day to carry out your fundraising activities for MOVE, these can take place at any time during the year, you could:
- Nominate us as your charity of the year and take part in activities to support us to provide the MOVE Programme to even more children
- Sponsor a child as a school activity - in return you will receive updates on the difference that your support has made to your particular child.
- House a MOVE Collection Box - Whether it’s placed as a swear jar in the staffroom or it’s on the reception desk, every penny collected will go towards the development of the MOVE Programme.
- Sponsored Activities - the whole school could collectively swim/walk/run the equivalent distance of a marathon or more and ask all of their friends and family to sponsor them. The list of possible sponsored events is endless and could include sit a little longer, stand a little taller, walk a little further activities, a sponsored silence, a swimathon, cake making…
- Hold a Cake Sale or host a Coffee Morning - held for all parents, teachers and therapists.
- School Disco - a few teachers volunteer to give up their lunchtime to supervise a disco. All children pay an entry fee on the door. The music is chosen and played by the children, the blinds are closed and a group of children could sell cups of soft drink or bags of sweets to raise more money for MOVE.
- Auction of Promises - Hold an auction with donated gifts, the promise of someone’s time or use of their belongings. You can even ask people to donate themselves as ‘slaves for the day’.
- Lunch Money - Ask all of your colleagues to bring in sandwiches for their lunch and donate the money they have saved to MOVE.
- Dress down day - all staff and pupils pay to come into school dressed in MOVE’s colours or in a certain theme.
- The Smartie Challenge - A school staff worker buys some tubes of smarties and gives them out to their class. (The cost of this can be taken out of the final amount of money raised.) Each pupil can then eat the sweets in return for 20p each which will be used to fill the Smartie’s tube. A full tube can raise £15! So get munching!!
- Face Painting - Ask a creative member of staff or parent to run a face painting table with children paying £1 each to take part.
- Alternatively as a staff team building exercise why not take part in an easy to organise MOVE event such as a skydive or a fire walk whilst raising funds for MOVE Europe.
These are just a few of the things you could do to help raise funds for MOVE. The important thing to remember is to have fun whilst fundraising
As a small charity every penny raised does really make a difference, by choosing to support MOVE your school’s activities can make a big impact. Please see our case studies for further details on how your support can help disabled children to lead healthier and happier lives.
To tie in with your fundraising we may be able to arrange for a local representative or beneficiary to visit your school. Our volunteer speakers could lead a school assembly, a classroom discussion or support you in your school fundraising, helping pupils to better understand where their hard raised funds will be going
If you’d like to find out further information on how to support MOVE or to order your fundraising pack call (020 7403 6382) or email the MOVE team.
There are a number of ways that university staff and students can support our work.
- If you belong to a society or your university has a charity society, such as RAG, why not encourage them to fundraise for MOVE Europe or make us their chosen charity for the year? We are here to support you with the tools required for any street collections or events.
- Alternatively, if you would like to support MOVE personally or as part of a team you could carry out your own easy-to-organise event like a skydive or a run
- Use a social networking site to create a fundraising group or show your support for MOVE by liking and sharing our MOVE Facebook page.
To get involved, order a fundraising pack or discuss your fundraising ideas please simply contact the MOVE team. Click here to go back to support us